London; 08, October 2016: Almost one in five British motorists will have spent an estimated 14 months stuck in traffic jams during their lifetimes, according to a new poll for AA Tyres, the AA’s mobile tyre fitting service.
That’s enough time to backpack around the world, complete a Masters degree or even get to near proficiency level in Mandarin.
An AA-Populus poll canvassed 20,845 AA members on how many hours a week on average they estimate to spend in traffic jams. Some 17% of drivers reported spending at least three hours in snarl-ups every week — a total of 156 hours a year.
The survey also revealed more than half of UK motorists (55%) were caught in jams for at least half an hour a week with a further 22% suffering an hour and half at a standstill.
As a whole, UK drivers spend 38.25 million hours a week in traffic jams — more than 1.98 billion hours a year.
In London, more than a quarter (27%) of respondents estimated they got caught up on congested roads for at least three hours a week, compared to Scotland (11%) and Wales (13%). And one in ten Londoners said they spend at least an hour a day in traffic jams.
Mark Shankland, Managing Director of AA Tyres, comments: “We’ve all been stuck in a traffic jam, often when we’ve been desperate to get somewhere, such as catching a flight or rushing to get home after a hard day in the office.
“But it’s not just your temper that may wear thin if you’re accelerating and braking in a short space of time. Excessive and persistent braking could rapidly increase tyre wear, particularly in extremes of heat or cold.
“If you find that you are braking frequently and heavily, whether in a stop-start motorway traffic jam, or in highly congested urban areas, then it’s worth checking your tyres more regularly for signs of wear and tear. Tyres in poor condition could seriously compromise the performance and safety of your vehicle.”
For more information, please contact:
Guy Smith, Rhizome Media
T 020 8004 5990
M 07850 771900
E [email protected]
David Keevill, Rhizome Media
T 020 8004 5984
M 07747 194 354
E [email protected]
About AA Tyres:
AA Tyres is the AA’s mobile tyre fitting service, and provides people across the UK with a professional and convenient service.
The fitting service is completely free and customers only pay for the tyres once they have been fitted to the vehicle.
Check out those popular press releases
- HomeTech Mart Ready to Elevate the Modern American Home
- London Business Consultant James Gillingham Offers Sound Business Strategies
- Wedding dresses online: Great things about purchasing through online
- Wedding dresses online: Great things about getting through online
- Radio Rebate Days Save You Thousands on Two-Way Radios
- Ex-Chelsea player Leon Knight Launches Into The Men’s Fashion Industry
- Six Star Replicas The most preferred replica handbags store
- Advanced Spinal Fusion Surgery – What to expect after the surgery
- World’s First Virtual 2 days live event with 4000
- Canada goose launch amazing purchasing boom in South Korea