Fashions in high heel boots are set to change for the coming fall and winter seasons, industry website HighHeelsDaily.com reported this week. The site’s editors, who monitor high heel shoe trends on a daily basis, have sensed designers moving away from the over-the-knee boots of latter seasons and more towards ankle-length boots. Heel heights, however, remain sky high.
Shoe designers such as Jimmy Choo, Charlotte Olympia and Alexander McQueen have all recently released elegant ankle boots for the colder weather. Giuseppe Zanotti, Alaia and Gianvito Rossi are also in on the act. And online retailers such as Net-A-Porter have been running features on ankle boots, further underlining that short boots are set to be a fashion trend for fall / winter 2013 / 14.
However, while some designers may be focussing on the ankle boot, there are still some striking new over-the-knee or knee-high boots to be found. One such source will be designer Tamara Mellon, the co-founder and former CEO of Jimmy Choo. Having left Jimmy Choo in 2011, Mellon will be releasing her own shoe collection in November 2013. The designer has already labelled a “legging” boot — a sexy and stretchy thigh-high number from her new collection — as being the standout piece that her customers will really connect with this cold season.
Top-end designers such as Christian Louboutin, Sophia Webster and Oscar de la Renta have also introduced new over-the-knee boots this season. Which all goes to show that while ankle boots might be back, there is still plenty room for higher boots on the cutting edge of fashion right now.
Meanwhile, two other boot trends have also been identified by the editors of HighHeelsDaily.com for fall / winter 2013 / 14. They are:
- The slow disappearance of the peep toe bootie. After a handful of years of popularity, it would seem that this dubiously practical but very popular heel is starting to fade slightly from the fashion consciousness.
- A trend towards the “half boot” or “calf boot.” As its name suggests, this style of boot is cut somewhere between an ankle boot and a knee high boot. Half boots from premium labels such as Maison Martin Margiela, Chloe, Stella McCartney and Gucci can already be found on shelves for the winter season.
Highheelsdaily.com is an industry-leading source of information about the latest styles, fashion trends, celebrity happenings, special offers and other things related to high heels. Highheelsdaily.com has been online since June 2010 and has editors based around the world.
The site is followed by over 23,500 Facebook fans.
Check out those popular press releases
- Ex-Chelsea player Leon Knight Launches Into The Men’s Fashion Industry
- ´The next 4 billionâ€˜ (los siguientes cuatro mil millones)
- Shriram Super Research Wheat — Super 231 helps increase farmers productivity by at least 25% and also increases farmer’s income
- Download Free PDF Compressor at download.cnet.com
- Kom origineel voor de dag met gebreide producten