Choosing between wood worktops and Corian worktops can be a tough choice because both are excellent value for money. Worktops, as you should be well aware, are necessary for every kitchen because these platforms make it easier for the cooks to make the preparations for cooking. Peeling and chopping vegetables, processing meat and sorting out the ingredients can all be done on countertops. If you like organization when cooking, you should have a countertop of the right size and height. And of course, you need to choose between the different materials that are used in making worktops.
Apart from wood worktops and Corian worktops, there are many other options in worktops made of other materials. If you want a completely functional worktop with no bells and whistles, then stainless steel is a fantastic option. If you are into aesthetics along with functionality, you could opt for granite or quartz worktops. The only issue with granite and quartz worktops is that they tend to be rather expensive depending on the quality of these materials.
Now let’s first look at the benefits of wood worktops.
- Wood is a completely natural and renewable resource and is available in abundance. Thus, it also makes complete environmental sense to go for wooden countertops.
- Wood worktops are extremely durable and can last for years. Wooden worktops are also easy to maintain.
- Wood doesn’t emit carbon and is safe when there are children at your home.
- Wooden worktops look aesthetically pleasing and can be finished in different colours.
- When your wooden worktop becomes aged with wear and tear, it is easy to add a coat of polish to it to make it look like new.
Now let’s look at the benefits of wood worktops.
- Corian is an artificial material that was created by DuPont. This means that you should have no issues with the quality of Corian worktops.
- Corian as a material can be textured, moulded and carved to create the kind of countertop you require.
- Corian is a stain resistant and non-porous material and is perfect for any kitchen environment.
- Corian worktops are heat resistant and can provide the ideal platform for you to transfer your pots and pans from the oven.
- Corian is extremely durable and long-lasting.
As you can make out easily, it is difficult to choose between wood countertops and Corian countertops. Both the materials provide you all the benefits that you need in your worktop. Once you invest in any of these worktops, you can rest assured that they will last you for years to come. And of course, both wood countertops and Corian countertops are aesthetically pleasing and can be designed as per your personal taste. The only difference between the two is that the former is natural and the latter is artificial.
At the end of the day, it is your budget that will help you decide between wood worktops and Corian worktops. Ensure you go through the pros and cons of both these materials before making your buying decision.