17, October 2016: Adults age 65 years and older are at higher risk of influenza complications. They are 10—30 times more likely to be hospitalized due to influenza-associated illness, and require longer hospital stays than younger adults. These effects are even more pronounced with increase in age.
To promote, educate, and share information about the burden of seasonal influenza in the U.S., the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID), in partnership with the International Center for Infectious Diseases (ICID), and mdBriefCase Group Inc., developed an Influenza CME course called Knowledge Transfer Series.
This complimentary educational activity was designed for healthcare professionals interested and involved in influenza vaccine delivery.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) and the International Center for Infectious Diseases (ICID). The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This free activity is accredited for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditsâ„¢. The activity includes two modules:
- Module 1: Immunization Challenges and Options for Vaccination Strategies.
- Module 2: Case studies of a healthy 70-year-old female patient and a 79
year-old male patient with diabetes.
Check out those popular press releases
- Shriram Super Research Wheat — Super 231 helps increase farmers productivity by at least 25% and also increases farmer’s income
- Civo Cloud Announces Search For Beta Testers With Tasty Perks
- Radio Rebate Days Save You Thousands on Two-Way Radios
- Deforestation decreases in South America – Gustavo Copelmayer
- Raise a toast with a glass of tequila sunrise this weekend
- Ex-Chelsea player Leon Knight Launches Into The Men’s Fashion Industry
- Six Star Replicas The most preferred replica handbags store
- Columbus Key Replacement Now Serves Jeep Transponder Key Replacement
- Advanced Spinal Fusion Surgery – What to expect after the surgery
- World’s First Virtual 2 days live event with 4000