Date 29/11/2019 Gurugram, Cancers can start at different sections of the stomach cause different kinds of symptoms. The treatment options can vary depending on the location of cancer. Like others, stomach cancer can also spread or metastasize in different ways; it can grow through the wall of the stomach or spread to the lymph vessels and the nearby lymph nodes.
Stomach Cancer can be of different types, such as:
- Adenocarcinoma: This cancer develops at the innermost lining of the stomach and about 90 to 95% of stomach cancer comes used in this category.
- Lymphoma: This is the cancer of the immune system tissue, sometimes it occurs on the wall of the stomach. Around 4% of the stomach cancers are lymphomas.
- Carcinoid Tumor: These tumors happen on the hormone-making cells of the stomach. About 3% of stomach cancers are carcinoid tumors.
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: These tumors form on interstitial cells of Cajal, but these are not always cancerous, sometimes they can be benign (non-cancerous) also.
Stomach Cancer Treatment in India can be conducted in many ways depending on the position and size of the cancerous tumor on or within the stomach. Some of the treatment procedures are as follows:
- Partial or subtotal gastrectomy: This is the process of removing a part of the stomach with cancer along with the part of the esophagus or part of the small intestine.
- Total gastrectomy: Here the surgeon removes the entire stomach along with nearby lymph nodes and other tissues near the tumor, parts of the esophagus and small intestine. Sometimes, the spleen may also be removed.
Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy are other popular and effective cancer treatment procedures. In the case of radiation therapy, the radiologists use high-energy x-rays or other particles to destroy cancer cells. On the other hand, systemic therapy uses different types of medication to destroy cancer cells. Chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy are basically systemic therapies used for stomach cancer.
India offers quality stomach cancer treatment facilities to patients around the world. The oncologist and surgeons conduct a thorough examination, evaluation of test reports, and talk with their patients about the goals of each treatment in the treatment plan. They also explain the possible side effects of any specific treatment plan and palliative care options.
About India Cancer Surgery Site: This is a reputed medical tourism organization offering world-class treatment facilities to patients around the world at an affordable cost.
India Cancer Surgery Hospital
P1, B-162, Princeton Estate
DLF City Phase-V,
DLF Phase 5, Sector 55,
Gurugram, Haryana - 122002