Hip replacement surgery, also known as Total Hip arthroplasty, involves removal of diseased hip joint to replace with artificial joint or prosthesis. The surgery can be performed as Total hip replacement or hemi replacement.
Indications for Hip joint replacement surgery
The main cause of hip replacement surgery is joint failure caused due to:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Avascular necrosis
- Hip fractures
- Benign and Malignant bone tumors
- Ankylosing spondylitis
Hip joint replacement is done in order to relieve pain, improve joint function & ability to move around and to enhance quality of life.
Types of Hip joint replacement surgery
There are different approaches to perform Hip replacement viz:
- Posterior (Moore) - The approach accesses the joint and capsule through the back and takes out piriformis muscle and short external rotators off the femur.
- Lateral (Hardinge or Liverpool) - The lateral approach requires elevation of hip abductors (gluteus medius and maximus) to access the hip joint.
- Antero-lateral (Watson-Jones) — It develops the interval between the tensor fasciae latae and the gluteus medius muscle.
- Anterior (Smith-Petersen) — This approach utilizes interval between the sartorius muscle and tensor fascia latae.
Expected results after hip joint replacement surgery
Hip replacement surgery has a success rate of more than 90%. The patient is relieved of the pain and feels the increase in the range of motion. In time, the patient may be able to swim, play golf, walk or ride a bike comfortably.
Hip Joint Replacement surgery in India
Many people from western countries consider hip replacement abroad owing to high cost of Hip replacement in their hometown, long waiting periods, lack of advanced techniques for hip replacement or lack of good hospital facilities.
Many patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia and many European countries choose India for hip joint replacement surgery for simple reasons, to name a few:
- Excellent health care facilities
- Availability of advanced techniques of hip joint replacement
- Affordable cost of the surgery
- Least waiting periods
- Recovery in peaceful locations.
IndiCure is the most reputed medical tourism company offering hip replacement surgery in India. The company liasons with the most reputed hospitals and orthopaedic surgeons in India. It helps people get affordable hip replacement surgery at discounted prices. For more information about, hip replacement surgery in India, visit - http://indicure.com.ng/joint_replacement/hip_replacement_resurfacing_surgery_in_india.htm or http://www.indicure.com/joint-replacement-surgery/total-hip-joint-replacement.htm
Write to us at [email protected] or call at +919818462127 or +919320036777.
Check out those popular press releases