The replacement of a diseased liver with a healthy liver from another person is called Liver Transplantation. The native liver is removed and replaced by the donor organ in the same anatomic location as the original liver.
Types of donors for liver transplant
- Live Donor — A live donor is a living person who is healthy
- Cadeveric Donor — A cadaveric donor is a brain dead person. Donation of liver donor is possible if the family members of the person wish to donate liver before life support discontinues
The ideal candidates for liver transplant have:
- Willingness to donate
- Age between 18-55 years
- Weight between 50-85kg
- He/She must be a close relative or family member only
- Matching blood groups of the donor and recipient
- Normal functioning and structure of liver and other body organs.
- Sufficient volume of liver should be available for the recipient when half of the liver of the donor is used.
Indications for liver transplant surgery
- Cholestatic Diseases
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Alcoholic Cirrhosis
- Metabolic diseases
- Fulminant acute hepatic necrosis
- Primary Hepatic tumors
India has emerged as a sought after destination for medical procedures such as Liver transplants. The hospitals in India are well equipped with latest technology and sophisticated instrumentation. Liver transplant surgeons in India are board certified and are among the most experienced surgeons in the world.
IndiCure is the most trusted medical tourism company empanelled with the most experienced liver transplant surgeons in the world. Having served hundreds of thousands patients from all over the world, IndiCure is counted among the most reputable medical tourism company in India. The company offers huge discounts for liver transplant surgery in India.
To know more about Liver transplant surgery in India, visit - http://indicure.com.ng/organ_transplant/liver_transplant_in_india.htm or write to [email protected] , http://indicure.com.ng/organ_transplant/liver_transplant_in_india.htm or call us at
+919818462127 or +919320036777.