Mahindra’s small commercial vehicles portfolio crosses milestone of 12 lac vehicles
- Offers the widest range of products in the small commercial vehicles segment with over 12 products covering Pick-ups, small 4 wheelers and 3 wheelers
- Enjoys leadership position in the Pick-up range with 58%* market share
Mumbai, 27 August 2013: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., a part of the US $ 16.2 billion Mahindra Group, today announced that its small commercial vehicles portfolio has touched a new milestone, crossing the 12 lac mark on Indian roads. With over 12 products across segments, Mahindra & Mahindra offers the widest range in the small commercial vehicles category.
Mahindra’s small commercial vehicles offer the widest range from Pick-ups to 3 wheelers with multiple load carrying capacities suitable for varied consumer needs across urban and rural India. The range includes people movers in the commercial space comprising of 3 wheeler auto rickshaws to small vans, suitable for school vans and stage carriages to meet public transportation needs across the country. Each product offers a unique value proposition and is targeted at different customer segments to match their specific needs, with minimal overlap.
Speaking on this milestone, Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “We are delighted to have crossed the 12 lakh mark in our commercial range of vehicles and we are thankful to our customers for their continued support. Mahindra currently offers the widest range of commercial vehicles to cater to the many and varied needs of its customers which has been possible due to the customer insights which we have worked upon. Our 250 dealerships with over 1000 service points enable us to reach out to our customers as per their convenience, even in the rural hinterland.”
Mahindra’s commercial vehicles come with the tough and rugged DNA that Mahindra vehicles are known for. These vehicles are designed to be powerful yet fuel efficient and to deliver the highest earning potential for customers, thereby driving positive change in their lives.
It is this customer centric approach to product development that has led Mahindra to enjoy a leadership position in the industry for over a decade with 58%* market share in the pick-up segment. Its sales continue to grow rapidly with over 15,000 vehicles being sold every month. The Mahindra Pick up range sold 102,885 vehicles in FY-2013, compared to 73,134 vehicles in FY-2012, registering a 41% growth. These are by far the highest ever annual sales of Mahindra’s Pick up range since inception.
The company has introduced new products and technologies at regular intervals to delight customers, by constantly updating its products, based on customer insights and needs. Some of the firsts from its portfolio are:
- AC Cabin Pick up — Genio Double Cab
- CNG Pick up — Maxximo CNG
- Micro Hybrid Pick up — Bolero Pick Up
- Compact truck and cab - Gio
- Hard-top diesel van — Maxximo Mini Van VX
- Fuel Smart technology and CRDe engine — Maxximo Plus
Besides making a mark in the domestic market, Mahindra’s commercial vehicles have also found acceptance in over 40 countries across the globe. Mahindra’s Alfa 3 Wheeler, Maxximo Plus Mini Truck & Mini Van, Bolero and BMT Plus Pick Ups, Scorpio Pick Up and Genio Pick Ups are exported in key markets of Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe and South America to name a few.
Mahindra’s small commercial vehicles range includes the following products and variants:
- i. Bolero Maxi Truck Plus
- ii. Bolero Pick up
- iii. Bolero Camper Double Cab Pick up
- iv. Genio Pick Up
- v. Maxximo Plus Mini Truck
- vi. Maxximo Mini Van (soft top)
- vii. Maxximo Mini Van VX (hard top)
- viii. Gio Compact Truck
- ix. Gio Cab
- x. Alfa Load 3 wheeler
- xi. Alfa Passenger 3 wheeler
- xii. Champion
* Source: SIAM July 2013 data
For further information, please contact:
Check out those popular press releases
- Ex-Chelsea player Leon Knight Launches Into The Men’s Fashion Industry
- Six Star Replicas The most preferred replica handbags store
- Columbus Key Replacement Now Serves Jeep Transponder Key Replacement
- Advanced Spinal Fusion Surgery – What to expect after the surgery
- World’s First Virtual 2 days live event with 4000