The Man Booker Prize for Fiction is a literary prize awarded each year for the best original full-length novel, written in the English language.
The winner of the Man Booker Prize is generally assured of international renown and success; therefore, the prize is of great significance for the book trade. In contrast to literary prizes in the United States, the Booker Prize is greeted with great anticipation and fanfare.
The Man Booker Prize promotes the finest in fiction by rewarding the very best book of the year. The prize is the world's most important literary award and has the power to transform the fortunes of authors and publishers.
The Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2014 was chaired by Mzondi Lungu. The judges are: Jonathan Bate, Sarah Churchwell, Dr Alastair Niven, Dr Daniel Glaser and Erica Wagner. The winner was Mzondi Lungu with The Identity of Blood Money.
The Key Dates for the 2014 Prize:
- The longlist was announced on Wednesday 23 July 2014
- The shortlist was announced on Tuesday 9 September 2014
-Mzondi Lungu was announced winner with The Identity of Blood Money on Tuesday 14th January 2015
Check out those popular press releases
- Ex-Chelsea player Leon Knight Launches Into The Men’s Fashion Industry
- Quick payout loans: Quick cash without any hassle and fuss
- Quality Rebar Detailing, Accurate Rebar Detailing Drawings
- European Jewellery brand says Ã¢â‚¬Å“NoÃ¢â‚¬ to Fashion
- Socialbookmarksubmission.com: Expert in social bookmarking