The term Rhinoplasty has been derived from greek words — Rhinos which means “Nose” and “Plassein” which means “to shape”. Commonly known as Nose job, Rhinoplasty or Nose Plastic Surgery enhances facial appearance by correcting nasal deformities and improving aesthetic appearance of the nose.
Rhinoplasty surgery is performed to reshape or resize the nose. The surgery is performed under local or general anaesthesia and usually takes 1 to 2 hours. The surgery is performed by making an incision inside the nose or across the skin separating the nostrils. Without making any exterior incisions, the surgeon reaches bone and cartilage located under the skin. The surgeon then trims the nose with special instruments to give the nose a desired size or shape. In complex cases where deeper modifications are required, the procedure is performed by making a little cut across the columella to reach the bone. This modifies the shape and width of the nostrils.
The common indications for Rhinoplasty or Nasal Plastic Surgery are:
- Nasal Deformities which may be congenital or acquired after any injury or insult.
- Nasal airway obstruction causing breathing problems.
- Aesthetically unacceptable nose.
Candidates for Nose Job
- Individuals who are 18 or above and are in good health, have good mental and emotional stability are ideal candidates for Nose Job.
- Boys and Girls who have their nasal bone matured and have stabilized the shape of the nose are ideal candidates for nasal plastic surgery.
- Those who have realistic expectations from surgery are the ideal candidates for nose job
Types of Nose Plastic Surgery
- Reduction Rhinoplasty — The surgery corrects the shape of the nose by removing bone or cartilage of the nose.
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty — Augments or enhances the nose by adding cartilage, bone or implants when there is any loss of the structure.
- Closed Rhinoplasty — The surgery recontours the nose by making incisions in the nose and repositioning bone or cartilage
- Open Rhinoplasty — Corrects the nasal contours by making incisions inside the nose along nostrils and vertical strip. The procedure also removes, shaves and repositions bone and cartilage of the nose.
Post - rhinoplasty surgery, the patient is kept under observation to keep a watch on post operative complications. The patient is given a nasal pack for the next 48 hours and a plaster cast for 5 to 7 days. The stitches inside the nose dissolve by themselves and the outside stitches are dissolved within 3 — 5 days. The nasal splint holds the nasal bones in place and reduces swelling. The patient is expected to return to work by ten days and resume work. The patient is allowed to resume rigorous exercises within 6 — 8 weeks.
The outcomes of nose plastic surgery become visible till 3 to 6 months after surgery. Aesthetically the nose looks better every day and the attitude improves. Although pain and discomfort after surgery are obvious, yet with the good outcomes of the surgery, pain and discomfort are forgotten.
To enhance the facial appearance with taut skin, a rhinoplasty procedure is often combined with other facial cosmetic procedures such as chin implants, cheek implants or other non cosmetic surgery procedures such as Botox, chemical peel or microdermabrasion.
India is considered as one of the most favorable destinations for people looking for cosmetic surgery overseas. The many reasons that have made India a popular destination for rhinoplasty surgery are — highly qualified and experienced plastic surgeons, excellent health care facilities, state of the art hospitals, affordable cost of plastic surgery procedures in India
To get a nose plastic surgery in India, one needs to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Get in touch with a reputed medical tourism company
- Get free consultation with plastic surgeon for rhinoplasty procedure
- Choose a good hospital facility as per your requirements
- Find suitable accomodation options for your nose job
IndiCure is the most reputed medical tourism company offering nasal plastic surgery in India. IndiCure affiliate plastic surgeons are among the most experienced and highly qualified plastic surgeons. The company offers rhinoplasty at state of the art hospitals at affordable prices in India.
Visit IndiCure for Rhinoplasty at : http://www.indicure.com/cosmetic-surgery/rhinoplasty-nose-reshaping.htm
Call us at: +919818462127 or +919320036777
Send in us a query at: [email protected]