Sony MAX to showcase the World Television Premiere
of 2015’s epic period drama
Sunday, 25th October at 8pm
SonyMAX (a part of the MSM network) - the premium Hindi movies and special events channel brings to its viewers for the first time on television, a spectacular and larger than life heroic tale of two brothers, in the movieBahubali,on Sunday, 25th October at 8 pm.
Directed by the showman of South Indian movies, S.S. Rajamouli, the film tells the tale of adventure and romance, love and betrayal, valor and weakness beautifully interwoven to create anepic film. Starring Prabhas, RanaDaggubati, Tamannaah Bhatia and Anushka Shetty in pivotal roles,Bahubali conjures images of grandeur and magnificence that has never been seen before on indian cinema. Telling a tale of treachery and vendetta between two brothers, Bahubali and Bhallaldeva as they battle it out over a coveted throne, the film rides high on Herculean war sequences and the richness of VFX intensify.
Neeraj Vyas, Senior EVP, Sony MAX & MAX 2:
“The festive season witnesses the coming together of families to partake in festivities and celebrate together. Our philosophy at MAX is to create deeper bonds with families by providing them with a holistic movie watching experience in the comfort of their homes. What better way to do this than to showcase a film thath boasts of extraordinary special effects, gripping content and larger-than-life characters. This bilingual historical masterpiece has met with remarkable box-office success across markets and we are convinced that it will leave our viewers breathtakingly spellbound.”
CEO, Dharma Productions, Apoorva Mehta:
“Baahubali is one of the most awaited films on Indian television. The film received tremendous amount of love and appreciation in cinemas across the globe. And we are sure history will repeat itself with the World television premiere on Sony MAX.
|Extraaa Shots of Bahubali:
· Over 25 elaborate sets in total were built for the film. Usually 24-feet-high scale sets are used in films, but for this movie the makers decided to build 45-feet-high scaled sets.
· Over 100 visual artists worked on developing more than 15000+ concept sketches during the 1 year of pre-production for Baahubali.
· Kiliki language, spoken by the Kalakeya tribe, was created from scratch by MadanKarky just for the film.
· Baahubali was the first non-Hindi film to break into the 500 crore club.
· Baahubali is the highest grossing Indian dubbed film till date.
· There were more than 3000+ extras for the shoot of the war scenes on some occasions.
· The Battle was also shot in Ramoji Film City over the period of 4 months. A large green screen was erected for the same and the running length of this had exceeded 36000 running feet.
· Director SS Rajamouli shot for the waterfall sequence of Bahubali for 109 days.
· A 125-foot-tall statue of Bhallaldeva (the role played by Rana) was made by 200 sculptors and it weighed over 8,000 kg. 4 industrial cranes were used to lift this 125 foot statue.
Catch the biggest blockbuster of the year â€˜Bahubali’ premiering only on MAX on
Sunday, 25th October at 8pm
SONY MAX, India’s premier Hindi Movies channel, backed by Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is a part of Multi Screen Media Private Limited, one of India’s leading television network. SONY MAX provides its viewers with the biggest and best of Hindi Movies and Special Events. The channel stands for innovation and distinctiveness, be it its content, its marketing initiatives or the brand itself. SONY MAX along with SONY SIX are official broadcasters of the world’s biggest entertainment extravaganza, the PEPSI Indian Premier League (PEPSI IPL). MAX has pioneered concepts like Extraaa Innings (this capsule is an exciting amalgam of serious cricketing action with fun and excitement for the entire family) With ExtraaaInnings, MAX changed the rules of cricket presentation in India and made it an entertaining affair for the entire family that set viewership records. MAX is synonymous with the biggest and best of Hindi Movies on television. The channel houses one of the largest libraries of the best old and new Hindi blockbusters and presents many exclusive film related programmes. MAX has also been widely acclaimed and distinguished in the media marketplace with a host of awards recognizing leadership and marketing excellence. Today, MAX reaches out to over 100 million individuals in India.
About Multi Screen Media (MSM):
MSM is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation which owns and operates the Sony Entertainment network of television channels. As a leading television network in India, MSM comprises of Sony Entertainment Television (SET), one of India's leading Hindi general entertainment television channels; MAX, India's premium Hindi movies and special events channel; MAX 2, a second Hindi movie channel showcasing great Indian Cinema; SAB, a family comedy entertainment channel; PIX, the English movie channel; AXN, the leader amongst English Entertainment Channels; AATH, the Bangla movie channel, MIX a refreshing Hindi music channel; SIX, India’s Premier Sports Entertainment Channel; KIX, a youth-centric sports channel focusing on high adrenaline, fast-paced content and LIV - the Digital Entertainment Channel. And, MSM Motion Pictures is the company’s venture in film production.The Network is in its 21st year in India.