Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery flattens the abdomen by removing extra fat and skin from the tummy to give a flat washboard abdomen. It is considered among the top 5 plastic surgery procedures performed in USA, reports American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
The ideal candidates for tummy tuck are men and women who have protruding abdomen, disproportionate to rest of the body. The candidates undergoing tummy tuck should be emotionally stable, physically healthy, understand the procedure well and have realistic expectations from the surgery.
Done under general anaesthesia, a tummy tuck takes about 3 — 4 hours. A horizontal incision is made within or above the pubic area. The length of incision depends upon the amount of skin to be removed. The excess skin is then removed and the abdominal muscles tightened. Stretch marks may also be removed during the procedure.
The different options for tummy tuck can be:
- Partial or Mini tummy tuck - Mini abdominoplasty is done on patients who have fat deposition below navel region and require shorter incisions. During the procedure the belly button is not moved. The skin is separated between the line of incision and belly button. The surgery may be performed with an endoscope. Depending upon the personal situation and complexity of needs, the procedure may take up to two hours. Drainage tubes are also inserted to prevent any fluid accumulation.
- Complete or Extended tummy tuck - The procedure is done when tummy tuck requires most correction. The incision is made at the level of pubic hair extending from hip bone to hip bone.
The skin and muscles are then manipulated and recontoured. The incision is made around belly button so as to free the navel from surrounding tissue. The drainage tubes are then placed under the skin so as to prevent any fluid accumulation.
Expected Outcomes of Tummy tuck
- Tummy tuck removes the excess skin and fat deposits that appear as a consequence of pregnancies, old age and obesity, when the whole abdominal area is affected.
- It removes stretch marks or scars that may be there in the area.
- The abdominal muscles are tightened, if required, by means of a vertical fold in the middle, this makes abdomen look firmer and waist narrower.
- It may also help to solve preexisting problems, such as hernias or eventrations.
With latest technology and infrastructure, tummy tuck surgery in India is performed at best hospitals in India. There are many benefits if one avails plastic surgery in India. To name a few: The surgery is done by highly skilled plastic surgeons who have made a significant mark in providing excellent plastic surgery results in India. The health care providers in India are reckoned among the best service providers all over the world and needless to say, the cost of tummy tuck in India is a fraction of what one would pay for abdominoplasty in USA or UK. Also, some of the best hospitals in India are equipped with English speaking hospital staff, thus leaves no chance of communication barrier for people to avail treatment in India.
IndiCure is the most reputed medical tourism company offering tummy tuck in India. Well known for providing excellent health care facilities, IndiCure provides round the clock assistance to medical tourists to avail plastic surgery in India. The company offers treatment at huge discounted prices and helps the medical tourists make an informed decision for getting treatment in India. For more information about Tummy Tuck in India with IndiCure, visit - http://www.indicure.com/cosmetic-surgery/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty.htm or http://indicurecosmeticsurgery.co.uk/body-reshaping/tummy-tuck.php Write to [email protected] or call us at +91918462127 or +919320036777.